Monday, April 13, 2009

New York City - Black and White

Went to New York City this past Easter weekend to visit a friend and of course I wouldn't have missed this opportunity to capture some photos. I know there are millions of photos out there of New York so I didn't want to just take the usual ones that I am sure everyone comes back from there with. The problem is that I only really had two days to do it and on one of those days I was met with rain and wind. So what do you do? Make the best of it! I decided to shoot these all mostly in black and white on the camera so that I could focus more on the tonality and composition of the photos and less on the actual colors. Once I imported them into Lightroom of course they came back out as RAW color images. I chose to convert them into black and white in Lightroom plus crop some of them to 1x1. I think it gives them more of a timeless and nostalgic feel.

















No comments: