Thursday, March 11, 2010

Photo Submission makes it into the Georgia Straight paper


The Georgia Straight is a local lifestyle and entertainment publication that covers the greater Vancouver area. They run a photo every week from contributors and I always took notice of these whenever I flipped through the weekly issues. A while back I submitted a series of photos and didn't think much of it. Last week I received an email from them that simply said "nice shots Bernard" and thank you very much. I thought it was just a standard way of acknowledgement by them that they had viewed my photos. So today I was at the gym and at the end of my workout I thought to myself, I wonder if they would ever run my photo. They happen to keep a stack of The Straight at the gym and today being Thursday, which is the day a new weekly issue comes out, I decide to flip through it. To my amazement there on the contents page was my photo. That totally made my day!

I think I just might start submitting more of my work to other publications, who knows.


No comments: