Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Night Shots on a cold Vancouver Evening


Lately the weather in Vancouver can be summed up in two words, wet and cold. Tonight was no exception but I wanted to get out and snap a few photos. I shot all of these handheld because I didn't have a tripod with me so I cranked up the ISO to 1600 and shot as wide open as I could for most shots. Here are a few shots and I would have stayed out a bit longer but my fingers were frozen.

This shot below is of the Lion outside of the Vancouver Art Gallery.

































This shot is of the Countdown Clock for the 2010 Winter Olympics Games to be held in Whistler, BC.



There is a group of graffiti art that is on the North off ramp of the Granville Street Bridge that goes onto Seymour Street that has been there for some time now. I am surprised that the city has not done anything about it but personally I think it is a tasteful display of an urban artform and perhaps since there are no depictions of violence and obscene language in them they are ignoring it. I did use flash on the individual shots of each piece of artwork to bring out the colors.


No comments: